Fashion is a prominent part of our lives. It defines who we are and becomes a part of our identity. We always preach to wear what’s comfortable and yet idolize the celebrities wearing the most uncomfortable clothes. All of us want to wear trendy clothes that are displayed in all the stores. We follow what’s in fashion and which celebrity wore which style in some program.
For a regular working woman, it’s not a practical solution to wear what’s on the runways. We have to go about your day working, traveling, attending meetings, and cracking deals; we cannot be bothered by the synthetic itch. We need something that makes us feel confident in ourselves and reassures our own style. As human tendency goes, we want to wear the trendiest styles and yet be comfortable in what we wear. As challenging as it sounds, it’s not really impossible. If you are also looking to renew your wardrobe into a comfortable one.
Here are 5 tips that will help you decide what to do:
- Know your fabrics: Pick out fabrics that make you feel comfortable. There are a lot of fancy fabrics in the comfort category. Not all shiny clothes look good, and they definitely are not always comfortable. All those synthetic clothes and polyester fabrics are not going to be comfortable when you wear them hours in your regular day. All the beads, sequins, and dangly embellishments look great at a party or on a special occasion but are not comfortable in daily life. Classy and sophisticated fabrics give a professional look along with comfort.
- Layer, layer, layer: Adding a layer to your clothing will add a touch of elegance to your style. It could be anything from a blazer, jacket, scarf, stole to a shrug, handbag, glasses. The Three-Layer principle in fashion talks about how just the existence of the third layer of clothing makes us confident in ourselves. It adds an element of elegance and poise in our walk. It makes us feel confident and comfortable.
- Accessorize: Accessories add a finishing touch to your look. It’s like a cherry on the top. You could dress simple and add a touch of elegance with your perfect pendant. That one perfect piece of jewelry will make you go from a commoner to a model. It’s the little things that matter. Don’t over-accessorize though. Wearing a lot of accessories doesn’t make it a good look. Less is more. Wearing just one or two pieces that compliment your style will be more than enough. If you wear too many accessories, your style will get lost. There will be no distinct personality reflected.
- Understand your body: Understand your body type and wear what suits your body type the best. You might love some specific parts of your body, wear clothes that enhance that feature. Everyone has their own special feature that we love about ourselves and something that enhances that will be the best clothing for you. That will make you look good and feel confident. You could try out different waistlines, necklines, sleeve styles, and different fits. When you dress to your strengths, everyone will know you are confident in yourself. That works for your comfort and makes a mark. People will remember you are someone who knows what she wants and can carry herself with style and elegance.
- Follow specific brands: If you like a particular brand’s style for a season, chances are you are going to love the next seasons’ too. Brands usually follow a particular kind of clothing style. Their designs will obviously keep changing, but their identity stays. If they identify as a comfort clothing, the brand is going to stick to it for whichever new trend that comes up. If you pick out a few brands that you feel go with your style you can keep going back to them whenever you feel like. Once you have gotten used to them, you get used to the fittings, customizations, and styles. That means you don’t have to go through the process of finding your perfect fit, searching for your kind of clothing each time you step out to shop. You know exactly what you want, and you also know which brand works for you. Now finding perfect clothing is no more a hassle.
With 2020 being a work-from-home year, you might have gotten used to wearing only comfortable clothes. That is a great habit; why break it? You don’t need to break your great habits just for style. Great trends are also available in comfortable clothing. Sustainable or organic clothes also emphasize comfort and have some of the trendiest designs in the market. Wearing comfortable clothes is also good for your health. Usually, the clothes that we categorize as comfortable have less synthetic fabric; and hence contribute to lesser harmful material. That is good for your skin and health. Finding the clothes in which you feel good is more important.
These things will help you find your style and apply them in fashion. Once you have defined and understood your style you are ready to experiment it the way you want. There is no rulebook to comfort. What you like is what you wear. You can take some time exploring your style and developing your way. Once you have done that, you will feel the relief of not spending hours choosing between which one to wear. You will be prepared with everything you like and be ready to go! You will experience the joy of not wasting time on deciding what to wear or what to buy. You know it all you just go there and rock it!